Nixie tubes once very popular were superseded by modern LCD and LED display and are no longer produced. They were often used in calculators, measuring devices or first computers between 1950's and 1970's. One major advantage of the nixie tube is that it's cathodes are typographically designed, shaped for legibility. Unlike modern displays, nixie's each digit is individually shaped resembling handwriting numerals. Nowadays due to nixie tubes rarity and charming glow they are readily used to build unique clocks which bring attention and interest.
Nixie tube clock displays time in
HH:MM:SS format on 6 Z566M big nixie tubes.
sorry this clock is
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds display
- Programmable date display
- Uses a Crystal Oscillator as a timebase (ensures good time accuracy)
- Optional GPS time synchronization by connecting external GPS receiver
(GPS receiver is included and can be connected to socket located at the back side of clock's case
clock is fully functional without it, just set the time manually)
- Built-in accumulator ensuring time backup during short power interruptions
- Settings are stored in nonvolatile memory
- 24 or 12 hours time displaying format
- Programmable alarm with snooze
- Simple setting using only three buttons
- Programmable digits crossfade
- Programmable leading zero blanking
- Auto increase of adjusting value for quick time setting
- Maintains time during setup mode (useful when changing between Standard Time and Daylight Savings Time)
- Seconds can be reset to zero to precisely set the time
- Neon colon indicators blinking at 1 Hz (blinking can be switched on/off)
- Selectable 10 level tubes and LED brightness
- Timed dimming or blanking mode (tubes could be dimmed or blanked during night for longer life expectancy)
- Programmable slot machine routine (prevents cathode poisoning and extends tubes life expectancy
Movie demonstrating clock's operation:
6xZ566M nixie clock movie
Clock condition: new
Clock dimensions: ~240x90x90mm (9.45x3.5x3.5in)
type: Z566M matched NOS tubes with red
filter removed (Z5660M equivalent)
Digits height: 30mm / 1.2in (due to nixie's high contrast digits are easily readable even from far distance)
color: oak case black mat painted with carbon
Clock requires 12V DC power supply
Power consumption averages 3W
quality worldwide power adapter and GPS
receiver are included.
Adapter will be equipped with appropriate power plug depending on buyer's location.
Clock requires 12V DC power supply, with 1000mA min current output, 5.5/2.1mm end plug
Power consumption averages 3W
PAYMENT AND SHIPPING:
Payment: PayPal payment accepted only.
Shipping address: We send only to PayPal confirmed address.
Shipping time: Item will be sent by
You may check shipping status here (copy tracking number from your paypal order)
Estimated delivery time: usually 5-10 days since shipment
Please keep in mind that delivery sometimes may
Any import tax or customs charges should be paid by the buyer.